March 14, 2016

My book shelf: Eat. Pray. Love

Hey!
I've read another book! And it was Eat, Pray, Love by Elisabeth Gilbert.
Again it turned out to be the right book at the right time. After reading this I had courage to move on in my relationship, to set us both free from this suffocated chains. Yeah, it's sounds way too fancy xD
Anyway, what can I say about this book? It's separated into three sections, Italy, India, and Indonesia. Three countries where the author spends 4 months. She gave everything to her husband when she divorced and decided to travel for a year instead. Isn't it crazy? It sounds like such a cool thing! At least for me as I wish I could travel more. 

So, she took this year to really understand herself, to find God inside herself. That's what attracts me the most in this book: the search of yourself. That's what I really want right now in my own life: I want to find myself. And after this book I feel so inspired.
I really recommend this book if you're really looking for something to push you forward. I have a huge plan in my head right now on how I can change things I really wanted to change for a very long time. I have a plan where to start my searching. And that's what is the most amazing about this book: it pushed me forward.

Back to the story, I also want to say that the title is so good for this book. The first part is in Italy. What does she do there? Right, eat. The second part is in India. What does she do there? Pray. So you get the idea :) And I think it’s sooooooo clever to title it exactly like this.

Another thing I want to talk about is the movie. I wanted to watch for a long time but wanted to read the book first. What can I say.. The movie isn’t that bad but it can’t show all the emotional roller-costar of the main character. The part about Italy was so empty in the movie when in the book it was much more interesting, more alive and with a deeper sense. Other parts weren’t that bad. Obviously thy changed a lot. But at least it was nice to watch. And I fell in love with Ketut, the medicine man whom she met on Bali! He is soo nice in the movie, my favourite character :)

So to sum it up I want to say that it is that book that I recommend to everyone. And one my friend even started to do some psychological project for her university about this book because I obviously talked too much about it :)

Have you read this book?

What thoughts do you have?

And you can leave me some suggestions what to read next :)


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment