January 14, 2015

Favourite TV Series

Hi, humans!
Now I'm incredibly busy, I'll have my exam this friday so I need to learn a lot. And most of my friends actually are on holidays right now when I have to spend my time with books, but I'll have my time later till the 9th of February. Anyway, for me winter time it's time of TV series. The 2014 was a year of series for me, I watched quite a lot of them although previously I didn't like them at all.
So, now I want to talk about my favourite one. Maybe it will give you some inspiration what to watch.

 1. American Horror Story
Country: USA
Year: 2011- now
Genre: thriller, horror
Seasons: 4
Episodes: 12 in the first season, 13 in others
I love the fact that each season has its own story. Pretty creepy and soooo intresting, Absolutly love the second and the fourth seasons, the third is my least favourite one, it was rather boring. But still, I love it so much.

 2. Homeland
Country: USA
Year: 2011- now
Genre: serial drama, psychological thriller, political thriller
Seasons: 4
Episodes: 12 in each season.
It's a series about CIA. And it was surprising for me that I actually loved it. I'm not a fan of such things, but this is so good. The story is very intense and you always want to know what's next. And I didn't expect that creators would be able to keep it intresting wih every next season because sometimes I had a feeling like "What can they add? It's over? What intresting can happen afterwards?" And you know what? They always find something to add! Love it.

3. Supernatural
Country: USA
Year: 2005- now
Genre: horror, fantasy, action, etc.
Seasons: 10
Episodes: 16-23 in season
It was actually the first series I watched properly. It's the beggining of my love for series. Pretty actors, creepy creators, angels, nowdays... Good mix, I think. But by the 6th season you get ennoyed by this weird brother-relationship. Sometimes it's way too girly, I think. But still, I keep watching it :)

4. The Big Bang Theory
Country: USA
Year: 2007- now
Genre: sitcom
Seasons: 8
Episodes: 17-24 in season
So hilarious! I mostly watch pretty serious things, not that funny, but sometimes I really need to watch something simply funny and that's what I love to watch. Yes, sometimes it's hard to understand what they're talking about especially for me as a non-native english speaker(and I watch it in English) but still I love it so much. Right now I'm only watching the 3rd season but absolutely obsessed.

5. The Walking Dead
Country: USA
Year: 2010- now
Genre: serial drama, horror
Seasons: 5
Episodes: 6-16 in season
All my company started watching it almost at the same time, but there're only two of us who've watched all episodes which exist. And I like it a lot, not my favourite, but still really good to watch :) And zombies are really well made, that's a huge plus :)

6. Salem
Country: USA
Year: 2014- now
Genre: serial drama, horror
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 13
This is also quite unusual choice for me. Didn't expect I'd like it but I did. I even have a response from their official twitter account and they follow me :) But the only thing I don't like that much it's women characters. Almost all of them are pretty mediocre which sucks because the story is nice. Will see what they'll do in the second season which starts this month.

7. Penny Dreadful
Country: USA
Year: 2014- now
Genre: drama, horror, thriller
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 8
One more horror series, the last one, I promise :) As you can see from the twit above, I couldn't decide which one to watch, I actually watched episodes from both series that night :) The episodes here are much longer but more creepier and more intense. In my view, it's deeper then other horror series I watch. Can't wait to see the second season this spring!

8. Sex and the City
Country: USA
Year: 1998-2004
Genre: romantic comedy, comedy drama
Seasons: 6
Episodes: 8-20 in season
I'm pretty sure a lot of you knows/watched this series. And I think it's one of those things whether you like it or hate it. I heard lots of people absolutely hate it. But I'm a part of those who love it. And even though I think it's the reason of me being so cynical, I believe there's a lot of really good thoughts. And isn't it incredible that although it's been 10 years since the last episode came out, it's still up to date. Those problems are still topical, in my view. But I actually think it was too early for me to watch it entirely, it's better to do when you're much older :)

9. Friends
Country: USA
Year: 1994-2004
Genre: sitcom
Seasons: 10
Episodes: 18-25 in each season
Who doesn't like it? I believe it's the best series ever! Very kind, so hilarious, so inspiring and life-asserting. My favourite character is Phibie but most of my friends actually dislike her the most :( She's so funny and she never gives up no matter what happens to her. I think we can learn a lot from her as well as from others. They are all so unique and intresting to watch. And the power of their friendship is incredible. I think I'm gonna rewatch it entirely this year again because I need to get that inspiration to believe in friendship again(weird, I know, but it helps me). Just the best of the best :)

That's all from me! Let me know what is your favourite tv show in comments! I'd love to find something new.
Have a nice day :)
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment