January 01, 2015

Photo Post #10: Saint Perersburg Part III

Hi, humans!
The last week was crazy, I had to learn so much stuff, I had to do tons of things so I hadn't much free time to post some of the last photos I have from my trip. So here're photos from my last two days :)

I decided to be like a "typical tourist" and visited some famous sightseeings. The first place I went was Peter and Paul Fortress. As you can probably guess the weather wasn't that great and I felt rather cold but still I enjoyed it. It's very nice there.
 And I went to see a prison there and it was soooo creepy because there weren't much people.
 And of course a Cathedral. It wasn't that magnifiscent, quite typical russian cathedral.
 Then I was wandering around a little bit until it got darker so I could enjoy the other two Cathedrals I wanted to visit.
 So I visited Church of the Savior on Blood...
 And then I went to the top of the Saint Issac's Cathedral to see an evening panorama of the city. 
The next and the last day wasn't that intresting, I was actually planning to do some shopping but I didn't think it through properly and I had to find something on a go. I went to the Doll's Museum(didn't take any photos there, was absolutely exhausted and didn't want to get my camera out the backpack). But then on my way to the metro station I've found a very creepy but still charming cemetery. It sounds weird and my friends laughed at me saying "You went to another city to go for a walk on a cemetery?" but I really hadn't planned to go there although my mum recommended me to visit it. It's an old cemestry full of beautiful monument. There're mostly german people burried there and also people who died during The Great Patriotic War. On the third picture there's a monument to children who died on the 9th of May 1942 from the nazi shell.
It was rather creepy and sad walking there. And I don't want to seem unrespectfull, I never walked away the paths where, I really do respect dead, maybe even too much. I felt a little bit weird there like it was wrong to take photos of the monuments but I coudn't resist. There was one more tourist there who steped right on the graves, that I can't understand. Maybe I just exaggerate :)

And when I had only couple hours left to my train, I went to the Christmas Fair to drink Israeil mulled wine and it was really good but too strong for me, I had a headache afterwards.

That's all for now! I have one more post about Saint Petesburg left.

Also, Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a wonderful celebration! I wish everyone to accomplish whatever you want this year!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment