January 10, 2014

How a Hedgehog can be elegance or I've finally read that book


So, I've read a book. No, I read not so seldom as you might think, just it takes me forever to finish one single book. Also, I always read several books in the same time, but not this time. I just didn't find more good books, but this I had to read, it's one of my tasks in the University.
I've choosen one with a very weird title: "The elegance of Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery. It's sad that I needed to read it fastly 'cause it's this kind of books that you need to read carefully, read every single word. And I think it's pretty cool for a mordern book. I personally prefer classical english/american literature, but the language is quite old and as for learner it's not so good, but for my soul, it's the best.
Getting back to exactly Hedgehog... What can I tell you? Read it! I highly recommend it. It's changed some my thoughts, helped me understand some things about the life in generous and some little things.
I like the thoughts about culture, about education, about beeing a good person. I really realised how it's important to true all the time, how it's important to see a real face of people around you. Maybe one day you'll find out that the concierge, who guards your house all your life, can be a very educated and good person, maybe he or she will be the only person who can understand you, maybe... After reading this book, I try to see something really good in any person. It's like a hedgehog: it has egles, but under them you can find a very lovely, nice and cute creature. Don't look at the surface. Don't believe it. Dig up the real essence. And the main(yes, it's banal, but...): be yourself, be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment